Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Greetings!! Karen's Introductory Post



Welcome to our team blog for the Spring 2017 LT130 Library Media and Technology class at Palomar College. My name is Karen Nicholson and I am a Library Media Technician at San Marcos Middle School (just a few blocks from Palomar College). I absolutely LOVE my job. I was hired last May and I am still in shock that they put me in charge of a library. The students there are amazing and I really do have the best co-workers. I have always found libraries to be safe place, and I hope that my students feel this way about our library at SMMS. I am just a few classes short of getting my Library Technical Assistant Certificate, I hope to graduate in December 2017. I am happily married (15 years this April) and have 2 wonderful sons, aged 7 & 9.

I have an instagram page for SMMS library and a twitter account.




Here are some more of the changes I made to our blog template: I changed the body text font from Arial to Merriweather. I removed html code at bottom of About Page.  Updated my section of About page with photo and blurb. Changed Date Header to Droid Sans Font and a red Text color. Changed Gadget Links Visited Color to blue and Alternate Color to a darker blue. Changed Gadget Text to Droid Sans and the color to blue. Changed Gadget Title Color to Droid Sans font and blue color. I re-adjusted the width of the blog to be wider.

No comments:

Post a Comment